All children, parents, providers, volunteers and students are Competent, Capable of Complex Thinking, Curious and Rich in Potential.
All educators, providers, volunteers and students in our centers or premises:
- Ensure the environment of the program provides high-quality experiences for the children and their families.
- Promote the foundations of How Does Learning Happen? Belonging, Engagement, Expression and Well-Being.
- Build positive and responsive relationships.
- Focus on children’s social, emotional, physical, creative and cognitive development.
- Provide environments where children learn through exploration, play and inquiry.
- Encourage self-reflection, discussion and ongoing collaboration and learning among educators.
- Engage with families, and value their strengths, contributions and unique perspectives.
- Use pedagogical documentation to study, interpret, make visible and help inform children’s learning and development.
- Ensure safe and secure environments.
- Adhere to the guidelines of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of registered Early Childhood Educators in Ontario.
- Work closely and attend training offered by Early Years Pedagogical leaders from different school boards, DNSSAB, the Ministry of Education , the West Nipissing Child Care Corporation…
- Read, sign and adhere to all West Nipissing Child Care Corporation, DNSSAB and the Ministry of Education’s policies and procedures.
- Have access to the West Nipissing Child Care Corporation Stepping Stone Program-Inclusion Support Program.
- Recognize that each child and family are unique in their culture, traditions, languages, beliefs and values.